My Marathon Training Grocery Store Must Haves
With the Boston Marathon quickly approaching (it’s less than 2 months away!!) my grocery list has been growing and carefully purchasing foods at the grocery store that are nutrient dense, filling, and tasty. I wanted to share the foods and products that I buy as a plant based athlete.
The list has STAPLES that I really must have in my pantry and fridge to help me make meals that simple, quick, and easy. It’s helpful to have staples so that when I’m pressed on time I don’t have to think too much about whether my meal has all he vitamins, minerals, nutrients I need to run.
If you are somebody that is buying animal based products this could still be helpful in trying out new proteins and other foods that can sprovide extra nutrients to optimize performance.
Here are my fave products and foods at the grocery store!
Plant based Proteins:
- canned organic navy white beans, chickpeas, kindey beans, black beans
- peanut butter/ nut butters
- frozen peas
- Trader joes veggie burgers
- Beyond Meat veggie burgers
- Beyond Meat beef crumbles
- 22 Days plant based protein powders (vanilla or strawberry)
- 15 minute quinoa
- 10 minute brown rice
- sweet potatoes
- pasta bow ties
- tortillas (the mitad y mitad from HEB if I can get them)
- 100% whole grain bread
- almond milk (original varieties)
- almond milk based yogurts (sometimes I get silk, kite hill, or ripple)
- poblano peppers
- red peppers
- frozen cauliflower florets
- frozen cauliflower rice
- frozen mixed veggies (which ever I feel like getting that week)
- berries (whichever is on sale)
- animal crackers
- Kind bars (plus versions with protein)
- RX bars
- blue corn tortilla chips
- popcorn (boom chicka pop pls)
- sometimes a trail mix with dried fruit
- Lara bars
- hemp seeds
- flax seeds
- organic veggie broth
- nutritional yeast
What are your favorite grocery store staples and MUST HAVES?