Race Pace Charity Event for Girls on the Run-Greater Houston
Have you ever been to Race Pace?
Race Pace is Houston's premier treadmill studio that holds running classes indoors on Woodway Treadmills. Race Pace's motto is that they start the race and you set your pace. If you're also thinking of running the Aramco Half Marathon or the Chevron Houston marathon, Race Pace will also be having training programs for those that would like to train with them.
Other than supporting the growing marathon community in Houston, Race Pace was kind enough to support a local charity I have become super passionate about called Girls on the Run-Greater Houston (GOTR-GH), which coaches girls in elementary and middle school to run a bi-annual 5K. The young girls not only learn to run, they also learn to build self esteem and confidence,make new friends, all through the help of volunteer coaches.
The donations all go toward these young girls via scholarships that provide them with race day singlets, T-shirts, shoes, etc. Each treadmill was a suggested $25 minimum for up to 25 runners max.
At the event we were fortunate to have amazing sponsors who support GOTRGH mission and helped create a fun event.
Thank you to all of the sponsors for the event:
- Bare Bakery- local guitless bakery using all natural ingredients in their baked goods!
- Cellar & Scout- wine company producing wine & spirits that are sulfur free, which helps with lessening the next day tiredness from alcohol.
- Clean Cuisine- HTX based meal prep company
- Cool Sun Care- natural ingredient skin care brand who caters to the fitness lifestyle
- Wipala Snacks- local granola bar company
- MALK Beverages - local atlernative milk company with super yummy almond, cashew, pecan, or (my fave) coffee nut based milks.
- Dry Sparkling Water- less sugary flavored beverages with a variety of flavors to choose from.
- Yoga Box Club- yoga brand supplying a super affordable monthly subscription box filled with yoga inspired athleisure peices
- Fleet Feet Houston- national running supply store that meets all of runner's needs from gels, socks, apparel, and shoes.
- Activ Rehab - local chiropractor services that can not only help with back pain, but also cupping and therapy session in the Greenway area of town
- The Athletic Room- local cyroptherapy and stretching services for athletes in Bellaire and Museum District
Check out the photos below!
Once again THANK YOU to everyone who showed up and supported the GOTR-GH event with Race Pace and I! We look forward to seeing you all soon for another event!