Sharing this quick, easy, no foreign ingredient bread on the blog today!! Who doesn't like a nice slice of bread in the mornings?
This recipe is adapted from the ConnoisseurusVeg Blog. I usually go for this variation of the recipe when I'm wanting something sweet in the mornings and don't want to over load on the carbs, sweetness, artificial ingredients. I like this bread particularly because it is semi-sweet and uses real bananas and carrots for it's sweetness and extra fiber. I also like using olive oil in my baked goods to keep it nice, light, and prevent me from feeling super heavy after eating.
Here's how to make this oh-so-satisfying-half-the-guilt breakfast bread.
- 1+3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milks you like)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped or grated carrot (usually need 3-4 large carrots
- (additional) 1/2 cup of nuts or seeds
1. Preheat oven to: 350 degrees
2. Mix flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar in same bowl.
3. in a separate bowl mash in the banana with other wet ingredients and then fold in carrot in same bowl.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients.
5. Next, pour mixture into greased loaf pan.. Allow to bake for 50-55 minutes..
6. Once cool, slice and serve for dessert or breakfast.
(Tips: To speed up the carrot grating process I like to add 1.5 cups of baby carrots to a food processor. This should make about 1 cup. )
When you are done your delicisous bread should look like this:
I like to enjoy this bread sometimes as a pre-workout/run breakfast with some PB (plus or minus the workout or run!) or with greek yogurt to get some balance at meal times.
Hope you guys have a nice rest of the week!