Ace your Acai Bowl
When I was a kid, my dad would always be taking morning shots of acai and goji berry juice. He would always encourage me to take them saying they were very nutritious and that I should drink them more often. Fast forward to know and I am using acai juice to make my own smoothies!
Acai is tart super food berry found along the Amazon. The true benefits of Açaí are found in the pump and packs a BIG nutrition punch. Acai has antioxidants, polyphenols and flavonoids (similar to ones in red wine). A huge difference from other fruit is acai has polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, which add to its creamy texture!
I'm sharing this extra delish Acai Bowl so that you can ACE it the next time you prep your breakfast!
- 1 cup acai berry juice ( I used Sambazona)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop 22 Days Nutrition Protein Mix-Strawberry flavor (love this mix! blends well with everything!)
- about 1 cup ice to thicken up mix
- toppings: almonds, pistachios, chia seeds, hemp seeds, granola ( I used Michele's Granola) extra fresh berries
- Pour acai juice, berries, protein mix all in blender and blend on high for 2 minutes
- Add ice to blender mixture ( you may have to pulse a few times as well)
- Service while still cold in a bowl. Even out surface with the curved side of spoon and add toppings immediately. Can serve 2 people.
Hope you enjoy this smoothie bowl recipe! It is a great breakfast, snack, and dessert if you like!